Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ways to Help Your Mom right after she has a Baby!

Moms are normally very tired after they have a baby. Young Girls are to help their Mothers, so I wanted to share some ideas on how to help Her right after she has a baby.

1. Clean Up the house without being asked to - Mom's are tired, so it's a big help to them if you do the cleaning.

2. Make Meals - Moms don't want to make meals, so you can offer to make them instead. A lot of times people bring your family meals, so you can just heat them up!

3. Watch siblings so she can take a nap or rest - This is easy! Just watch your siblings for a little bit so she can rest. One of the reasons moms are so tired is because she couldn't really sleep at the hospital. Nurses and doctors were constantly coming in to check on her, so it's really hard to get sleep there.

4. Clean up after meals - Moms hate to clean up after meals.

5. Change diapers - Give your mom a brake from this job.

6. Put your family priority's before your own - Stay home! Don't plan going anywhere for about two weeks. This way you can help you mom and she doesn't have to take you anywhere. You will be OK! Not seeing your friends at extra fun activities won't hurt you. :-) You need family time.

7. Be willing to do anything for your mom - She need down time, so help her with whatever.

8. Help your Siblings - Help them with whatever, going them a drink, getting them dressed in the morning, etc. (The getting them dressed only applies to those siblings that can't do it themselves. :-))

These are just some ideas.

~CGNarnia

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow Cynthia your so great! This is a great list! I wish i was as helpful as you! So are you going to sing for MD?

Petie said...

Oh, Lizzie, you're so modest! :) We all love you so much and you are a great help to your mom!
Great list, Cynthia! I adore and admire your servant's heart. Keep up the great work! I love you!

nikki101076 said...

This is a good list but on #4 I wouldn't have said moms hate to clean they are just still usually worn out to cleanup.I'll admit after 1 week after I had my second I was up doing dishes but I did what I could then I sat right back down.I also didn't have many kids then either it was just my second!

Cynthia said...

Yes Lizzie, I am going to sing for MD. I am excited!

Lizzie, you are a HUGE help to your mom. So are you Payton. You both are great role modals for me in several ways. Both of you are awesome friends!